FOR EXTERIOR USE
Important Ordering Instructions
– Pure authentic slaked (aged) lime finish from Europe
– Penetrates and calcifies onto exterior masonry
– Limewash breathes, will never blister or peel from moisture
– Old world, chalky appearance is easy to achieve
– Create wash-off and antiqued effects easily
– Self-priming on bare, absorbent masonry
– Water base, easy to use
– No VOC’s or other added chemicals
– Limewash colors are non-fading
– Use on porous brick, stone masonry and stucco
– Available in select Keim colors and custom colors
With Keim Limewash it is easy to transform your brick, stone or stucco to a beautiful and unique Old World appearance. Limewash is the “original” masonry finish and has been used for centuries across Europe. Limewash is uniquely formulated to create antiqued wash-off or broken color effects. Whitewashed brick has a charming aged look and feel. You control just how much of your brick to expose. Limewash is removable for the first few days with a garden hose and spray nozzle so you can experiment to find just-the-right look.
Apply Limewash fully in two coats for a beautiful, chalky finish that is completely natural with a matte flat finish. This finish will rapidly patina with age for an even softer and washed appearance. Best of all, Limewash never has a sheen and won’t glare, even in the harshest sunlight.
Engineered by Keim in Germany, Limewash utilizes the finest Dolomitic lime that is pit aged for a minimum of 3 years for maximum quality and durability and meets European production and performance standards. It is a little-to-no maintenance finish for decades, giving an authentic patina as it ages.
Limewash naturally calcifies to the brick, stone or stucco and becomes a stone-like part of the surface. It is extremely vapor permeable allowing moisture that enters your home’s walls to freely escape without damaging the limewash finish. It will not bubble or peel from moisture and develops a beautiful color depth and tone as it ages. As weather continues to age Limewash, it develops more character.
Repainting or touch-up is also easy with Limewash as it does not develop a “film” or skin like ordinary paints. And multi-toned or color wash finishes are easy to achieve for beautiful frescos on stucco, old or new.